Wherein the watchmen went to investigate hauntings on the shoreline of the weakened barony and found danger all too common and real…
- The 4th adventure of the Bloodstone Lands campaign.
- Played by Telinor, Shelka, and Muad-Dib. Accompanied at various times by NPC guardsman Dlomar, Ko-Tor, Devin, Fellen, Kelson, and Melendrach.
- The City recruited your group, for its outstanding service, to investigate strange goings-on at Lady Piann’s barony. To perform the service, however, the City required you to resign from official watch status to become freelance mercenaries. After placing a large amount of gold in front of you, you accepted and began your investigation of the area. You first learned that a contingent of Ravens Bluff city watchmen were guarding and rebuilding the baron’s keep. Baroness Piann seemed grateful for their help, and greeted your group as friends. You later swore an oath of secrecy concerning the presence of Ravens Bluff watchmen there.
- Party’s mission was to explore a ‘haunted house’ on coastline of barony, which once belonged to an alchemist.
- Party ended up fighting large centipedes, rot grubs, skeletons, human smugglers, gnolls, and an illusionist.
- Telinor, Muad-Dib, and an NPC guardsman were exposed to deadly poisonous yellow mold spores found on a cloak in an upstairs bedroom. Shelka was able to appeal to her clerical mistress to help save their lives, but at the cost of 5 newly-discovered vials of liquid and a magical scroll. Shelka also said that the priestess would require a service in the future before the debt was paid. Muad-Dib hypnotized Shelka, and later told Telinor that he had learned that the priestess’s mane was Agrippina, and that the deity she and Shelka revered was Loviatar, a goddess of pain and suffering.
- The party ended up finding out that the house was being used by smugglers, and killed their illusionist leader Sanbalet. The party recovered contraband of brandy and silk, and several books to include the spellbook of Sanbalet.
- The party later tried to completely smash the smuggling ring with a frontal assault on a warship the smugglers were using, but were repelled and barely escaped with their lives.
- Despite some measure of success against the smugglers, and a heroic track-record with the City Watch, the city counsel angrily removed you from the mission and forbade you to venture further on the Baronesses property